Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Marriage & Motherhood Monday

Greetings from Kenya!!
I arrived safely..minus my one suitcase that contains all my personal belongings! :(  Needless to say, the airlines have said it should arrive by tomorrow.  In the meantime I count my blessings for having cousins who are the same size! Ruth's wedding is this coming Saturday and we're busy running around getting last min things together.  The weather is rainy at times but much warmer than I'm used to.  I haven't figured out how to post pictures yet... so you may all have to wait until I return.

Coping without my husband...and baby
This is when our long distance dating relationship paid off for training. :)  I miss Matt terribly... but at the same time we've mastered the art of communicating well.  We actuall y skyped the other night... lil A was sitting on Matt's lap just playing around... blissfully unaware of my absence.  My first reaction was hurt.  I mean, I'm his mom... he should be crying just as hard as I did during my first flight. But no.  He sat there chewing on a full pad of post-it notes grunting in full content.  As soon as I felt hurt I felt relief though.  I mean, why should he be upset when he still has his dad.  A dad who is so present in his everyday life.  A dad who makes him laugh and who participates is boyish playfulness (aka wrestling).  His dad is someone safe in his eyes.  I love that.  So I'm doing very well despite the separation.  I had the weirdest dream last night.  I dreamt lil A had three of his bottom teeth come in overnight!  Yikes... I know he's teething, but I wouldn't wish that on him or Matt! I miss them both so much, but I know this week will fly by and we'll have Christmas together next week. :)

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

-Kathy

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a safe trip! Missing luggage-yikes but at least it's coming. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. It's great you can enjoy your trip and know that your baby is in good hands. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the wedding trip to Kenya went well and that you had an amazing Christmas with your boys!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!