Wednesday, January 2, 2013

{in love} ...with my new camera

The hubs truly spoiled me this year.  Under the Christmas tree were gorgeously wrapped boxes...and when I opened the one that contained my new Canon Rebel T4i... I literally started crying.  (And it wasn't even the pretty type of tears...I sobbed).  It's because I was so happy and so surprised.  We'd been talking for almost a year about investing in a "nice" camera so that we could document lil A's childhood at a professional level.  But this was a surprise... I had no idea Matt was researching on the side and wow... just wow.  
I love my new camera.  The first day I took 219 pictures of A.  Yes, just him.  He still hasn't figure out what the deal is since he's so used to my iPhone clicking at him... but he'll soon learn to smile back at me. :) 
So here are a few of my favorite shots so far... more to come I promise!!  I'm still getting through the book of a manual it came with...seriously overwhelming.  But I feel all grown-up now.   Thanks hubby!!!  You did VERY good this year!







I know Faith got a big girl camera too...so I'm dying to see the pics she starts to share too!! haha... yeah, I totally just called her out! xoxo

11 comments:

  1. LOVE EM! It makes regular folks into photographers. We have that same camera and I love it. The detail is amazing. You are already doing so well with it!! Good job on those gorgeous pic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Any tips you want to throw my way...please do!!

      Delete
  2. Kathy! You took these pictures?! OMG! I am sooo impressed! You are a pro, just like I knew you would be! Have you figured out how to shoot in manual? I'm trying and doing a lot of research online and on youtube but I am so confused, haha. Right now, I'm just practicing with manual but when I go out I'll just take it in automode to ensure that I get good pictures, lol.

    And yeah, thanks for calling me out. I need the push hardcore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm currently taking pictures in the "no flash" mode... Manual is beyond me for the moment... and the automatic annoys me. lol Since my subject is constantly on the move I have a hard time handling the auto focus in and out. So far this is working ok. :)

      Delete
    2. hmm, i think i have to find the "no flash" mode on my camera, lol. i'm serious. when i take a picture on auto the flash automatically comes up. grrrr....

      Delete
    3. Ugh I know! And the flash makes most pics look awful! As soon as I figured out how to turn it off it was go time!

      Delete
  3. You took some great photos with your new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow what a great gift!! lucky you and beautiful photos, enjoy playing around with your camera!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an awesome gift. You've already taken amazing pictures of lil A. Can't wait to see more

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great photographer you are!!!
    The camera only does so much.
    Composition and those great shots are all you. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I need your hubs talk to my hubs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!