Wednesday, January 2, 2013

It's a New Year!

Happy New Year Everyone... welcome to 2013!!
Wow...it's still surreal that 2012 is gone.  I don't know about the rest of you, but the older I get the faster time flies by!  I love the beginning of a new year though!  I feel like it's all about starting fresh...clean slate... reset. :)  I have a feeling this year is going to be super awesome too!  And no... I won't be discussing the fiscal cliff mayhem lol.

Looking back... 
I have a lot to be thankful for, including the birth of our son!  But even with all the projects we had around the house...a lot was accomplished.

Looking ahead...
We still have a long DIY list of things that we'd like to accomplish this year with the house.  A lot of which I'll be needing Matt's expertise on.  There's talk on starting on the basement renovation too!
Here's our to-do-list for the next few months.  It's definitely not as insane as last years, but it's still going to keep us busy.
{January}
  • Take down Christmas decor
  • Schedule yearly doctor visits for the family
  • Setup 2013 family budget
  • Get new calendars!
{February}
  • Design basement layout
  • Begin planning lil A's 1st birthday party
  • Turn 29...
{March}
  • Begin planning for family vacation
  • Babyproof house for a walker!
  • Paint Master Bathroom
{April}
  • Send out invites for lil A's party
  • Clean carpets
  • Spring Clean
  • Paint downstairs hallway


On a sadder note, I decided to take a semester break with school.  This past semester didn't pan out like I'd hoped...and with everything on my plate, my grades suffered the most.  To avoid another onslaught of stress I decided to take the semester to reorganize and gear up for summer courses.  I'm super bummed that I won't finish when I wanted, but the increased stress wasn't worth my time and money! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!