Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Let the Party Planning Begin!

So on May 6th, lil A will be turning 1!  It's crazy to think about because he's my little peanut!...and I'll have to stop referring to his age in month increments. lol.  But I'm super excited at the same time because I now get to throw him his first (of many) awesome birthday bash!!  If I'm going to be honest with myself and all of you, I've actually been planning his party since right before Christmas last week...{cough}
 Anywho...Matt and I had discussed themes and we definitely feel this is the theme we'll go with. 


Of course Pinterest has been  my main source of inspiration...I've been pinning like a mad woman!  I finished the design for the invite (I'll share that later after they're printed).  I also took advantage of the winter sales.  See, when it gets cold out...party stores sell the "summer themes" at a HUGE discount.  So I went ahead and  purchased some western themed decor at 75% off!  
Compliments of Pinterest
The plan is to have the party at our house...and weather permitting outside in the backyard.  The day lil A was born, it was 75 deg outside... and very sunny!   If we can get that again, we're in the clear!  Otherwise, I need to make sure the basement is ready to host some of the ideas I want!! 
Now I have a full list of DIY projects for this party as well.  I already costed out what I would save if I did these myself...and since I have the time, I might as well. 
I've thrown a lot of adult parties, but never a kids.  lol  I know it'll be different.  The guest list is already looking to be in the 40s... just with all the family and close friends and their kids... etc.  My biggest concern right now is entertainment.  The kids coming range in age of 9 mo - 6 years old.  So we considered renting a bounce house.  And some other game activities that don't require any or little organization. I was considering a sandbox with hidden "gold"... something cute and fun like that.  
Anywho... I'm super excited if you can't tell already. But I'm looking for feedback... ideas and advice.  We won't be able to avoid the fact that this will be a big party, just because we have a big family...so I want to make sure we accommodate everyone as best we can.  So yeah... let the planning begin... or continue in my case. :)

9 comments:

  1. so yeah, that's going to be the best birthday party ever. good thing you have that big girl camera because i need to feel like i'm there. every single detail cannot go unnoticed, you hear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha...I'll do my best to capture it all!

      Delete
  2. Awww a first birthday party! A milestone and I can see how it's very exciting to plan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! it's gonna be some party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy - you are so in your element. I can just hear the excitement in your voice. 3 months to go, get your DIY on and let the planning begin. Knowing you, it's going to be an awesome party with every detail possible at the best price. Can't wait to see the final result.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the theme! I'm a Texas girl at heart and a Western themed birthday party makes my heart smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't believe he is about to turn one in less than a four months :). love the theme, he will suit a cow boy outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, I can so hear the excitement, heck, I'm excited too. Happy planning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's going to be a pretty cool party. Looking forward to seeing more pics. A is a lucky kid to have such an awesome planner for a mom!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!