Monday, January 21, 2013

Marriage & Motherhood Monday

Confessions of a Real Housewife...and other musings...

I keep a chocolate stash in the house... mainly to keep Matt from eating it all.  But sometimes I forget where I hide it...so when I stumble  upon a bag of M&Ms when cleaning...I sit there and consume the whole thing... without guilt. 

When I run out of clean socks I start wearing my husbands.  I secretly love his socks more.  His ankle socks have more cushion and fit better.  I've considered just buying some for myself, but the act of going through his drawer is more fun. 

I'm fully aware that a way to a man's heart is through his stomach.  I sometimes exploit this with a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies in return for a new pair of shoes...poor guy never sees it coming. 

I don't have...nor have I ever had a favorite color. 

I use my son's baby lotion...it smells too good to pass up.

I have a love affair with cheese.

I can't stand blue cheese...I mean, the blue is mold right?!

I don't buy or wear Nike after hearing they were accused of using child labor.  Even if it's not true...I can't do it.

I love to go camping...in a tent.  The primitiveness of it gets me all giddy...like Little House on The Prairie. 

I wish I had more time in a day to paint my nails and keep up with it.  I don't know how girls do it. 

I consider myself a good driver...just a little faster than most.  I seriously can't tell you how many times I've been pulled over.  The weird thing is, most of the time I get warnings to slow down. 

Sometimes my road-rage as a passenger prompts me to reach over and honk the horn myself...Matt can't stand this.

When I was in high school, my dream job was to be a Crime Scene Investigator.  Sometimes I still wish I could get into that field...but other times I think...I don't want to smell like death all the time.

I have a high tolerance for grossness.  Not to be confused with gore.

When I first got married I had the expectation that my husband would kill the bugs in the house...especially the spiders.  Little did I know he would run from the room faster than me, all the while shouting at me to destroy it. 

When I was little I desperately wanted my name to be Susan...so that people could call me Susie. 

I have a slight case of OCD when it comes to housework.  

Caffeine usually puts me to sleep. 

I always get cravings for homemade Jello...but I don't have the patience to wait for it to set.

I've tried many diets, but the idea of counting calories just makes me so frustrated.  And when I'm frustrated I eat. 

I love to travel.  

I'm not a fan of museums, nature hikes or history.

I have no idea what I'm doing half the time when it comes to raising a boy... I take it one day at a time.  At least he lets me dress him the way I like to. :)

I don't understand how some people go through life without a sense of humor.  I feel blessed that I was raised in a home of laughter and comedy.  :) 

I'm just now starting to tolerate the color pink.

Country music isn't all that bad.

15 comments:

  1. You are too funny....you also forgot...you are an amazing listener and when asked to keep a secret, unlike most...you do! And your an amazing friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I love this!! You are hilarious.

    Does this mean you're giving me permission to email you in pink? ;)

    I hate, hate, hate blue cheese too! So disgusting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How about you introduce a couple letters in pink first... ease me in lol

      Delete
  3. P.S. and I never thought I would agree that country music isn't all that bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Pink and I am in love with cheese...even blue cheese crumbles on my salads which is smelly and I do believe is moldy! If my husband wouldn't kill the bugs in the house we'd be in BIG trouble 'cause I'm TERRIFIED!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can so relate to so many of these :).
    I love to travel, totally use my baby's lotion, can't and won't count calories and caffeine totally puts me to sleep or at least doesn't keep me awake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol @ spiders and bugs. My hubby kills the bugs and spiders but he smashes them against the wall or carpet thereby leaving semi-permanent reminders until I clean it up. Ick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you want to talk about those last two?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah... Jen... it's not that big a deal!! lol

      Delete
  8. Oh I use my baby's lotion too. It smells so good! It's so nice & soft!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. I'm pretty sure that all cheeses are made of some kind of mold...???
    2. I'm also pretty sure that they lived in a house in Little 'House' on a Prairie. =)
    3. Sure, you're a good driver if your passenger is supposed to ride around with you with their stomach in their throat. It's best just to close one's eyes. =)
    4. Can I start sending Matt spiders??? Would he squeal like a little girl? LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!