Tuesday, February 19, 2013

DIY Wall Niche!

 Yay!!  We're finally getting our tools back out and working on the interior of the house.  Our goal is to finish painting the downstairs hallway and add a visual statement.
Old photo, but this is the hallway. 
Around the corner...on the right is a huge blank wall.  At first we thought about  another photo collage or large art work, but that didn't pop enough for us.  Plus, the area is so high traffic we didn't want anything actually popping out... so we started brainstorming ideas that would be recessed... {Enter: Wall Niches}
It took me about a week to find out the actual name!  I kept searching "wall cutouts" "recessed walls" "holes in the wall" (That turned up a lot of interesting things!)  Anywho...finally found it...a wall niche.
Here are some inspiration photos that have us buzzing with excitement! 
Contemporary Kitchen design by Tel Aviv Architect Rina Magen
I don't want this many...but I love how they used the space. 
Definitely like the horizontal and framed-out look
The accent on the back wall is nice as well.
Definitely looking to add lighting as well.
Never considered storing books... very cool
We're currently measuring and drawing out the plan!!  This is definitely something that will happen next  month!  Meanwhile, we also need to decide on the color we'll be painting the walls! We're looking into the orange/tan family.








10 comments:

  1. These inspiration photos are GORGEOUS!!!!

    I can't wait to see how it all comes about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg! obsessed with these inspiration pictures! i cannot wait to see what you do! i already know it is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really great inspirational pictures. I really like the idea of wall niches! I never knew the phrase until today, so I just learned something new. Looking forward to seeing the changes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are DIY'ers too! We redid our bathroom and I still have a few projects I want us to complete.. It's so much fun planning and seeing it come to fruition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh... this sounds like an amazing idea! Cant wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy - your DIYself is back in full force. Loving the inspiration,can't wait to see how you transform your space

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE LOVE LOVE, so excited :), I love ur DIY posts, and this is so cool. I'm sure I've seen them arouns, but I guess I've never paid too much attentions to the "holes in the wall".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhhh is that what they are called :-) HILARIOUS coz I have also been searching but didn't know the name. I love love love these and the inspiration pics have got my mind spinning. Can't wait to behold!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE it!!! The first picture was so simple and looked like your hall....I love the accents on the bsck wall, can't wait to see what you come up with and decide :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!