Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Yay!!  The day of love!!  Hope you all spoiled your loved ones with hugs and kisses today!  I dumped some chocolate on the table with a cute card for hubs when he gets home.  I'm sure it'll all be devoured by the time I get back lol. 

I was at the grocery store last night picking up some items for lil A's valentines and the cluster of men surrounding the card aisle in a panic was killing me!  It was slim pickings I tell ya!! 

But on to lil A's valentines!!  This was a super easy DIY that I found on Pinterest (of course!)  Since the kids at the daycare range in age from 8 months to about 5 or 6, we needed to have something they could all enjoy...and I wasn't too excited about getting cheap toys for 15 kids.  So... we bagged some gold fish!...the crackers. lol



Tag reads - "Will you O `fish'ally be my valentine?"
 Matt stayed up late with me to bake some homemade chocolate chip cookies to bag up for the daycare providers.  We wrapped them in plastic baggies and I got the printable online and printed directly on paper bags.  Stapled and bowed!
Hand wrote a little note on each thanking them for watching lil A. 
Happy Valentine's Day!!!

12 comments:

  1. best mom and wife!

    the o'"fish"ally is genius!

    happy Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you really spread the love around! Happy Valentines day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job! I have wanted to print on paper bags but I always forget when I have a 'gift' opportunity! Just that easy, huh? No jams, nothing? I have to make them for something or other. Think of the possibilities! I can't believe you get Matt to help you...or rather you want him to...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah he helps mainly because he gets to eat everything I make. :)

      Delete
    2. Oh.. and I did get some jamming. So I cut of the bottom of the bags. The link I posted from where I got the printable shows that blogger using more of those pastry type paper bags that don't have a flat bottom. Those work a lot better. :)

      Delete
  4. Very cute! What an awesome idea!

    Happy Valentine's day to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww i will o "fish" ally be your valentine any day. You, Kathy, are an insipration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do I subscribe to your blog by email? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, I'm not sure! Ill investigate this and ER back to ya!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!