Monday, March 11, 2013

10 Months!






{Weight} 20 lbs
{Height}28.75 inches
{Clothing Size}9-12 months
{Milestones}

  • He's officially a cruiser.  He uses any furniture to assist himself while walking around the house. But hasn't achieved the confidence to let go and stand on his own.  If we help him we can get him to stand independently for a couple seconds...so he's almost there!
  • His new talking sounds is clucking and "th"...he likes to whisper this sound for some reason so it's really cute. 
  • He loves to give mommy wet kisses all over the face.  Dad gets slams across the back of his head.  Oh the love!
  • He's testing his limits. There are a lot of things within his reach that we keep there so that we can tell him "no" or "stop".  He responds by letting go and rolling is hand just next to the forbidden object.  As if to say, "I'm not touching it...just playing with my hand next to it." :) 
  • His appetite has changed drastically!  He tasted our seasoned food and he wants more!
  • "Da-da" is a common phrase that has evolved to a perfectly pronounced "dad"... "mamma" isn't even on the radar!!
  • We have teeth people!!... 

{Monthly Highlight}
Lil A grew his first tooth...and his second appeared a couple weeks later.  Both are on the bottom in the middle.  He rarely shows them unless he's laughing hysterically.  Otherwise, when we move his lip down his tongue comes out too. :)

{Food}
We no longer buy special foods to make A's meals.  He wants our foods!!  So we now just make more healthy decisions in how we prep our food and give him pieces of ours.  He loves feeding himself and drinking our green smoothies from a straw.  I can't believe how grown up he is already. 

{Sleep}
Man oh man this guy loves to sleep.  He's still doing 9 hours during the weekdays and an hour more on the weekends.  He naps like a champ too.  I think he's in the process of a growth spurt because lately his naps have been creeping into the 3-4 hour range without affecting his night-sleep.  Definitely counting my blessings with this lil man. 

{Likes}

  • Paper... toilet paper and tissue to be exact.  They're his new fascination.  And since they're silent, we don't realize the damage until it's too late. 
  • Hide and go seek...more the hide part. 
  • Bouncing / Dancing
  • Pushing toys that aren't "walking" toys around as if they are. :)
  • Being chased
  • Water...to drink, to play in, to pour all over the floor....
  • Animals

{Dislikes}

  • Having to be laid down for a diaper or clothing change.  He's instantly rolled over and gone...like gone.
  • Baby gates
  • Being hungry and watching us eat



11 comments:

  1. Hahaha, he sounds so fun! And the sleeping! My sister would be so jealous with how you have such a good sleeping baby. Seriously, I am going to do exactly what you did when I have a baby in the future, HAHA.

    I can't believe he is already 10 months, has teeth, eating grownup food, etc. I feel he was just in your belly and I was referring to him as Cricket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha... I know! Time is flying! He's definitely a blast to hang with. I wake him up some times to play cause I get bored when he's not around. He's such a good sport about it...but maybe it's because I'm mama. :)

      Delete
  2. It looks like you had to strap him down for that first picture! How cute and how fun. I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha doesn't it?! He was actually holding on to the rails of the rocking chair! The key is to rock really fast then stop...he smiles... I snap picture. whew!

      Delete
  3. Happy 10months baby Avery!!! I'm soooo soo jealous of the sleep you get! What time do you put him down at nights?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He goes to bed between 8:30 and 9:30...on the weekdays I wake him up at 6am...weekends he wakes up himself around 7am.

      Delete
  4. Wow!! I'm always so shocked to see the parallels btween A and Ro. Tomorrow's my monthly update, but I feel like I can just cut and paste yours onto my blog! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way when I read yours!! They are so much alike! :)

      Delete
  5. Happy 10th month birthday Avery, can't believe you are only 2 months away from your 1st birthday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least toilet paper is a relatively nondangerous past time! lol. When they are too quiet you can bet on them doing something mischievous!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!