Thursday, March 7, 2013

Couponing Madness!!


{Last Grocery Shopping Trip - February 5th}
February 27th...went three weeks without shopping for items other than staples (milk, eggs, produce)
See how much I saved!! 


 Everything I purchased had a coupon attached.  Including the produce, bakery and deli items!  Our grocery store randomly distributes specialized coupons for their store in those departments. We stocked up on a lot of items such as bath soap (16 bars), Granola bars (6 boxes-for Matt's lunches), Buter (2 tubs), Drinks (6 juices and a free Pepsi Next!)

Items include: Diet V8 Splash, Apple Juice, Pepsi Next, Cheez-Its, BBQ Chips, Bread, Cheerios, Texas Garlic Toast, Frozen Fruit, Butter, Pasta, Granola Bars (Nature Valley and Fiber One), Taco Seasoning, Carrots, Cinnamon Rolls, Crescent Rolls, Brie, Pork Loin, Frozen Vegetables, Bananas, Kale, Chocolate Syrup, Oranges, Shredded Cheese, Tampax, Pears.

Total Cost of Groceries: $144.68
Total Savings in Coupons: $20.70
Total Spent: $123.98

Again, the plan is to go another 3 weeks without getting groceries! (Except milk and produce)

8 comments:

  1. Way to go w/ saving money!!
    Are these things products you would normally buy?
    I find that coupons are always for products we don't use and wouldn't buy anyway. It's frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, a lot of the items we are flexible with. Like butter...I can't tell the difference so I buy what I can save on. Same goes for shampoo, juices and toothpaste. Whatever we can get for close to free.
      But stuff like bath soap... if I get a coupon for our specific brand I get as many as I can. (using multiple coupons).

      Delete
  2. you go girl! we're doing the same. also helps that we get 15% off when we shop at Target since hubs works there ... so coupons plus discounts means we save up to $40 per trip :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's definitely a perk!! I love Target... (sigh)

      Delete
  3. Great job! You saved so much money, and that's from the 3 weeks. My family goes shopping every week, and we spend on average that price.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly dont know how you do it. We spend $150 every ten days cause we do most of our shopping at trader joes (and whole foods for meats)... NYC's supermarkets SUCK. big time.

    Where do you find your coupons? Is it from the weekly in the front of the store?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get my coupons from the weekly ones that come out in the mail. I have people who give me theirs if they don't use them..or what they have leftover. I also use online printable coupons like at coupons.com.

      Delete
  5. Good for you! I need to get back clipping again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!