Thursday, March 21, 2013

Party Update!

I promised to keep you all in-the-loop on the plans for lil A's 1st birthday party!  I'm so glad I started early on this because the party is less than 2 months away and I'm not as crazed as I would have expected!  Most of the party supplies have arrived or in-route!  The invites were designed, ordered, and arrived last night (See below for a sneak peek!)!!  They came out awesome!   I'm going to do my best to site where I ordered everything as well as the costs.




Invitations and Thank You Cards: I designed the invites in powerpoint.  Saved them as a pdf file and uploaded them onto Vistaprint.  The thank you cards were a design already available on their site, so I ordered them with a custom message inside from A.  We'll add more to personalize for each guest.
Cost: I never shop on vistaprint without a coupon.  Lucky for me, Groupon had a deal of $70 worth of product for $15!  I snatched that up and it more than covered the cost of the stationary..which were already on sale. 50 invites for $15.71 and 50 thank you cards for $29.99.  I used the rest of the groupon on other items! :)



Dinnerware: I purchased the cutlery, table cloths, napkins and cups and Party City during the off-season when western party themed items were on clearance. Total was $38!

Other Items: 
Balloons (Cow Print) - Oriental Trading $13.00
Straws (Cow Print) - Etsy $17.75
Plates (Cow Print) & Cupcake Liners (Gingham) - Birthday Direct - $42.50

Cow Print Lunch Plates (8)COW PRINT Paper Straws for FARM Parties, 25 Black Cow Print Paper Drinking Straws with  Diy Flags, Farm Animals, Birthday Party




Still have a couple more things to get for the games, but the big stuff is done.  I also need to do a trial run on the birthday cake!  It'll be my first time actually making a cake with fondant... nervous doesn't cover half of it!  But I really want to try!  Now if I could just find the perfect lil cowboy boots...! 
Jama Old West Infant Poppets Cowboy Boots




9 comments:

  1. Oh wow...its looking really nice! I can't wait to see how everything comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't WAIT to see more details of this party! Never seen cow balloons before but seriously might have to have a hoe-down for Drew someday just so I can order those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been almost a year already????!!!! It seems like only yesterday that you were posting about your pregnancy symptoms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG you are ahead of the game! I love the invite and the great deal you got on the invites and decorations. I'm going to start thinking up a theme at six months lol

    xx
    josie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun theme!!! I'm sure it's going to be a great party. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, I love how you do DIY on a budget and make it look so good. Can't wait to see the final result. A is going to have such an Amazing 1st birthday party

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the theme and how well its all coming together. I don't know how you do it, you make everything look so easy. Can't wait to see how it all comes together in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! Can't wait to see Cowboy A all geared up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's kinda like seeing PW all over again but for your baby!!! OMG!! ;)

    Loving all your ideas. I know he is going to have the best first birthday party.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!