Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Date Night Ideas

I stumbled upon this awesome date night jar idea on Pinterest (of course!) and I just have to make one!  I feel like when Matt and I get a free night to possibly spend together...we end up renting a movie and eating junk food on the couch.  Romantic right? :)  I mean, don't get me wrong...we're both huge movie buffs and nothing is more fun than watching a good flick with the hubs.  But there are times we need to dress up and just get out of the house!  On top of that, we have lil A now too.  I really want to make an effort to do activities with him too, now that he's becoming more alert and receptive to his surroundings.
This Date/Activity Jar would hopefully fix our default activity of being couch potatoes!
Source

So the supplies are easy:
Large Mason Jar
Wooden Tongue Dispenser Sticks
Paint

The paint is to color code the sticks.  I LOVE this idea because each color can either represent the price range of the activity and whether it's a couple vs. family activity!
My categories are going to be:
- At home dates
- Free or nearly free activities
- Family activity
- Splurge!

I'll have to check out my spray paint collection for color choices!



Now to come up with great activity ideas!!  I'm asking for your help with this!  I told Matt we would sit down and write them up together...make sure we don't get duplicates.  But I'd love to hear some unique ideas!  Remember, looking for family stuff as well!
Here's what I have so far...

***UPDATED with ideas you gave!!***

At Home Dates
Breakfast in Bed
Make a bucket list
Go for a hike or bike ride
Spa Night/Massage Night
Host a double date
Board game Night
Play outside
Candlelit Dinner

Free or Nearly Free Dates
Go on a romantic picnic
Make a dish with a new recipe using only the local food market

Family Friendly Date
Go to the zoo
Go to the aquarium
Go on a family picnic
Go to a pool
Plan a camping trip
Plan a family vacation
Go to a museum
Volunteer at a local organization

Splurge Date
Try a new restaurant
Go to an improv comedy club
Go to an amusement park
Play laser tag
Go horseback riding
Go for pottery making/painting
Purchase a Groupon date

Or if you'd rather not make an actual jar...you can use this website, Date Night Jar...they randomly chose something for ya from their virtual jar!

So...shoot me some more ideas and let me know if you're going to do this DIY too!!

4 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic idea! I love using sites like Groupon to help me with finding interesting date night activities. The hubby and I have done pedal boating, boat cruises, and other adventures at a great discount. Right now we have circus training (lol) waiting in the coupon queue to be used. Other inexpensive things could be to host a double date at home. Board game night. I also recently purchased a cheap badminton and volleyball net with rackets for only $10 - so it'll come in handy to do some cheap outdoor activity :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much! Such a neat idea!!

    Do a candlelit dinner at home :)

    I can't think of anything else since you have everything I would think of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh I like this idea! I'm so not creative so I'm stealing of your ideas (and some from Kay above) lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic idea! Thanks for sharing Kathy. I'll most definitely try it out.
    Sorry, I don't have any more ideas. But I'm definitely going to steal some of yours :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!