Thursday, April 25, 2013

DIY Birthday Banners

It's getting down to crunch time with lil A's birthday party!  We've been trying to get the house ready while simultaneously working on projects for A's party.  Most of which we schedule to do during his naps. haha.
So during a daddy/son nap session (3 hours!!)  I stayed up and worked on the birthday banner.  It was super easy...but extremely time consuming!


For directions...



1) I downloaded some western fonts from www.dafont.com
2) I made the letters in powerpoint dividing a normal sheet of paper into quarters.  (So four letters per page)
3) I printed them on cardstock and cut them using those fun edge pattern scissors.
4) I also cut quarter sized pieces of cardstock (they came out larger because the lettered ones were smaller from the pattern scissors)
5) I glued them together and hole-punched the corners.
6) I used twine to string them together.  :)

To hang the double layered one, I had to play around with the string length.  Overall I think it  turned out  great!  I'll hang the "Conway Ranch" in the front of the house...and the "Happy Birthday" will be above the focus/dessert table.


9 comments:

  1. Very nice! I can't wait to see the final outcome.
    I just came up with my little girl's first birthday theme last weekend. I am excited to start putting together ideas. Will check out the site you sent incase I can find something there for her birthday.
    Avery is going to have A BLAST!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see how your theme comes together as well!!

      Delete
  2. THIS. LOOKS. SO. GOOD. I swear I'm bookmarking all of your bday planning post. Though I think we are going to do lion king unless I can think of something less cliche.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josie! I love the Lion King!! Seriously my favorite Disney movie!

      Delete
  3. It's perfection! I am so excited to see the day come together. It's almost like our wedding planning days but for your baby's birthday! So unreal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha... it really is! I've been up late crafting and making a spreadsheet similar to that from my wedding. It's insane. I need to scale back. lol...who am I kidding! I'm PW trained!

      Delete
  4. Girl you are soooooo good. It looks awesome and I cannot wait to see your theme coming together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peg! I'm excited to see the finished product as well...then take a very long nap!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!