So during a daddy/son nap session (3 hours!!) I stayed up and worked on the birthday banner. It was super easy...but extremely time consuming!
1) I downloaded some western fonts from www.dafont.com
2) I made the letters in powerpoint dividing a normal sheet of paper into quarters. (So four letters per page)
3) I printed them on cardstock and cut them using those fun edge pattern scissors.
4) I also cut quarter sized pieces of cardstock (they came out larger because the lettered ones were smaller from the pattern scissors)
5) I glued them together and hole-punched the corners.
6) I used twine to string them together. :)
To hang the double layered one, I had to play around with the string length. Overall I think it turned out great! I'll hang the "Conway Ranch" in the front of the house...and the "Happy Birthday" will be above the focus/dessert table.