Monday, April 1, 2013

Marriage & Motherhood Monday

Hi!! 
Hope everyone had a very Happy Easter this past weekend!  We spent ours up in Canada (that makes trip 3 for lil A!)  It was a great visit with our families. The weather was unusually warm, given the dreary weather report...so we took the sunshine and enjoyed ourselves. 

...on Transitioning to Toddler-hood
Lil A is on the cusp of walking.  It excites and terrifies me at the same time.  His world with be developing to a new altitude and speed...and as his mom I'm holding my breath. I feel like it was just yesterday when I was cradling him in my arms...protecting him for the harsh reality of the world.  Now he prefers to be tossed up and flipped around while expelling giggles of laughter and an eagerness for more.  It's awesome really.  Watching him balance on his own and realize he's unsupported.  Sometimes he claps in excitement while other times he gets this look of shock and drops to all-fours.  But I see him when he doesn't think I'm watching.  He plays with his toys without holding on to any support...and sometimes he lifts his foot to take that first step, but hesitates and plops on his bum. :)  I think I'm ready though.  Whether he is or not, I'm ready to experience this new level with him.
I know my house will be even more chaotic.
I know he'll find a way to get into even more things.
I know he'll get more bumps and bruises than I can count.
And I know I'll wish for his less-mobile days.

But I also know that this was going to come eventually.  And at least I'll be here to witness him discover his newest freedom. :)  As a mommy, nothing is more thrilling!

4 comments:

  1. It's amazing how much he has grown! I can't even imagine how you're feeling.

    I love that last picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love the last picture. He is grown so much, can't believe how children grow at a blink of an eye :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh thats so nerve wrecking! Is it's wrong for me to hope that Ian is a late walker? I'm just sooo sooo nervous about child-proofing the home! And plus, I don't want my baby to be a todder. *pouts*

    Baby A remains on of the cutest babies I have ever seen. I am glad you guys had a good easter

    xx
    josie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great pic of you and A. Motherhood is a challenging yet so rewarding experience. Love that you are always on the go with lil A.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!