Friday, April 5, 2013

Thank God It's Friday!

Dear God, 
This was a different type of week for me.  It was the first one whereby I didn't have to work overtime...so I decided to switch my hours up by two.  So now I get in by 6:30am!  That means I wake up at 4:30am in order to get everything done in the morning.  Needless to say, I made it through the week...and now I'm looking forward to sleeping in a lil tomorrow!  So thanks for the strength to do that. 

Thank you for Amazon...and the amazing new tennis shoes I just purchased!!! Eeekk...can't wait for them to arrive! 
ASICS GEL-Kahana® 6
Speaking of running...thank you for the extra push to get me to sign up for my first 5K since high school!  Matt is joining me...and if they'll let us, lil A will be accompanying via the jogging stroller.  We have until June 22 to train!!  So excited! I made the mistake of telling my bootcamp instructor about the race and now he's gone all military on me.  My legs have been throbbing since Monday's squat marathon!!! No turning back now!

Thank you for the amazing trip we had to Canada!  It was so great being able to spend time with both our families.  I still can't believer we squeezed in visiting three separate families!  Either way... the Easter service at my cousin's church was amazing!  I really enjoyed the challenge the pastor set out for each of us to "Rise Up" and make a difference to those around us.  At the end cards were handed out with different challenges for us to  take home and apply to our lives... mine spoke to my heart.  Serving others is my why of showing love...so you better believe I'm working hard to humble myself to serve like Jesus did. :)
Challenge Accepted!
Thank you for my husband.  Seriously.  These last couple months have been such a whirlwind in terms of schedules being skewed because of work, the endless snow, sickness and lack of cable tv.  Ok, maybe the last one was a bit of a stretch, but Matt has been amazing with stepping up and helping around the house and with lil A while I worked overtime at work.  He's the ultimate father to lil A!  Thank so much for blessing me with a man who seeks you first and show his love to his family without hesitation! 

Thank you for my  moo moo cow.  Lil A is gearing up to turn 11 months tomorrow!!  I can't believe we have one more month until his 1st birthday...and party!!  Plans are coming together smoothly!  I'm just about done addressing the invites!   I'm so proud of this lil guy.  He's always wanting to play, tickle, kiss, giggle and smile.  I don't know what my life would be like without him, and frankly I don't miss the time before he arrived!
Thank you for the prospects you've allowed for us to enjoy this year.  We have a Summer and Fall chuck full of activities!  4 weddings, a trip to Iowa, another to Canada, a cruise through the Caribbean, trip to Cali and Philly (praying we get the opportunity!), and at least two camping trips with lil A!   So yeah, we're excited!! 

Thank you for the weekend!!  Weather is looking to be a lot warmer!! 

Praying all my readers/followers enjoy their time off with friends and family! 

Love Always,
Your daughter

7 comments:

  1. Your boys are so cute! Isn't it awesome to watch your husband become a father? We're only a month in but it's truly been a blessing to see my husband with our baby girl. So sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! I love reading your Friday posts.

    I also get up at 4:30am but its for different reasons. I get up to pump and get ready for work. I don't have to be at work until 7am. BUT I do so love leaving work at 3:30pm :-).

    Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my that is so early! I'm not sure if I could make it. 5k's are great motivation for staying in shape. I love having trips to look forward too. Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so proud of you! i want to run a 5K but i'm a scaredy cat! look at you. my k-dawg is growing up ;)

    and Matt ... ahh, it makes me so happy to read that and to see him with lil A. it's amazing to me still that the both of you are parents to an 11 month old! where is the time going?!

    and i cannot wait to see the results of A's birthday party. if i lived down the street i would invite myself, haha.

    and loving your sneakers! you seriously have given me this feeling that i want to try running. we shall see :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait a second... You get up at 4:30 am?!!!!! I need to quit my complaining about waking up at 7am lol. This post was sweet -- especially your husband being the ultimate dad to Avery. I love it! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow 2013 is full of fun trips for your sweet family! Loving it. Lil A is going to be a veteran traveler before he can even talk!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many things to be thankful for. I love these Friday posts.

    I am loving your upcoming traveling schedule. We are so similar in that department. Go go go.

    That picture of Matt and A, so beautiful. So happy that he is the best father for A.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!