Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Marriage & Motherhood Mon...Tuesday!

Yeah, I forgot to post my Monday post!!  Eeek... And I actually have an awesome post for you all!  It's marriage oriented this week.  On Sunday night our church hosted a marriage conference entitled, A Love Worth Fighting For.  The speaker was Kirk Cameron with special musical guest Warren Barfield.

Now the name Kirk Cameron might ring a bell for some of you... he played Mike Seaver on Growing Pains. I realize mentioning this show ages me... but I take that risk! ha.  Great show...great memories.


Kirk Cameron became a Christian and has since led a life of example... he, and a group of others took this burden of helping to end the failure of marriage...and they travel all over the U.S. providing counsel and encouragement.  Kirk directed and starred in the movie Fireproof that changed the lives of many couples all over the world.  We own it...and we love it!
Fireproof poster.jpg
The conference was for 4 hours.  It went by so fast!  Warren Barfield is AMAZING and downright hilarious!  I would recommend you download his album on itunes... you won't be disappointed.  One of his songs ended up being the theme song for Fireproof.  The conference wasn't only for struggling marriages... they focused a lot of how to even preventing small issues from becoming huge problems.  The whole thing was comical, light-hearted, down to Earth and utterly moving.  Matt and I left feeling a whole new level of connection in our marriage.  Check out their website and see if they're headed to a city near you!

3 comments:

  1. I watched the fireproof movie when my hubby and I first started dating... And then I downloaded warren Barfield's album because of it!I love the theme song for the movie! So awesome you got to attend the conference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! We watched fireproof too and wow, what a movie.

    I would love to attend as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The evening sounds like it was exciting. I absolutely love the movie Fireproof. Please don't ask me how many times I have watched it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!