Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Camping with a Toddler..

...I know what you're thinking.  You crazy girl.
ha.
I am...but Matt and I love to camp and our son will love to camp too. :) And honestly, if we're truly gearing up for a cruise with him this Fall I need some practice with being out of our element!  So yes...this weekend we're going tent camping!

You better believe I made up an excel spreadsheet with all the necessities listed on separate tabs!  I have to be fully prepared! Some of the upgrades we needed was a larger tent to accommodate the pack & play.  We went with the Coleman 14x10 8-person Instant Tent.  It separates into two rooms so we can keep other items such as a cooler for midnight snacks / milk breaks and all our luggage and toys. :)

Let me tell you though... kids have some serious gear!  As much of an over-packer as I pride myself to be on typical trips, I scale way back for camping.  But sometimes, it's better to be prepared when it comes to kids.  Anywho, we're going on this trip with two other families so we can share in the responsibility of keeping our kids occupied.  I know we have a hiking trip and some pool time planned.  Otherwise, we'll be hanging by the site cooking and naps... hopefully! ha.

I think I found it as a good sign when we went to the sporting goods store and lil A parked himself inside the model tent display and didn't want to leave. :)  This might actually be an awesome time for us!
I'm taking my camera, so I'll capture a ton of pics to share!

4 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you got a baby but are going to go camping anyways! I think a lot of times people don't do things because it feels like too much with the kiddo but this way at least you get out there and find out. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously you're my freaking hero!

    I'm excited to hear how it goes and of course see all the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl. I love that you guys are adventurous and don't let having a baby stop you. Looking forward to seeing all the great pics

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow...that's amazing. going to the park is overwhelming sometimes so camping i can't even imagine. that picture of the butterfly...priceless!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!