Thursday, August 8, 2013

Now what?

My posts are getting farther apart and sporadic.
I would apologize...but that's how I've been starting the last few posts.  Honestly, life got crazy busy lately.  Like...insanely busy because it's summer!  We had our camping trip one weekend, a cabin trip the next weekend, a trip to Canada the weekend after that and now we have a trip to Iowa scheduled here soon.  Needless to say, the blog took a huge hit.  But quite honestly, I've lost my writing inspiration.  I wanted to have this blog be a DIY blog with a sprinkle of family life.  But family life has gotten a whole lot bigger than DIY...so I'm at a crossroads.  Do I just start a new path of family life with a sprinkle of DIY projects...or call it quits?  Opening up my personal life makes me nervous sometimes...but on the other hand it's such a great memory record keeper.
So yeah...that's where I'm at!  I have a camera full of pics and no time to edit and write about them.  I'll most likely have a decision come the first of September...
I don't know!
Pray for me... I have a lot of decisions to make.

13 comments:

  1. Awww...praying for guidance for you. I love reading your blog posts so I hope you continue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have followed your blog for years. I've enjoyed your DIY and loved it that you've shared your family. I would miss following you, however, you must do what you feel is right for you and your family. Have you ever seen this blog? http://johnson-mccormick.com/ She has shared her family and her thoughts. I've learned so much about how to be as a parent and human from her. Whatever you decide, know that I've gotten so many ideas from you, enjoyed watching your family grow from 2 to 3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please don't call it quits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lot of fun things going on! If it's not in your heart anymore to blog and you don't want to do it then don't. But, if all it would take is a switch up from your original plan to keep you motivated I say go for it. I used to feel weird about putting personal life out there. It didn't stop me from doing it! But, I figure there is no way in heck my blog is big enough that it makes that much of a difference. I post what I feel is comfortable for public consumption. Like, if my friends found it would it be okay?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in a similar crossroads so I feel your struggle.

    Enjoy your life first-- blog later. That's my motto.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've loved your DIY posts and loved seeing your family grow, I mean I've loved your blog from the moment I found it. I understand that blogging is about you and how you feel so find the solution that will leave you at peace. You will surely be missed if you leave.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't make it a burden, just blog when you have time and when you feel inspired even if it is not consistent. I enjoy reading about your life adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know how you feel. I'll pray for you. May the Lord guide you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you quit I'm coming after you. I'm serious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm totally with you! I started mine as a pregnancy journal and now I have 2 nightstands, two bookcases and a desk sitting in my garage screaming for makeover (not to mention a second baby which is screaming for a post about multiple children). I think you should blog about whatever is on your mind/heart in that moment. blog about your l.i.f.e. and all it encompasses. you are a complete woman- not just a wife, not just a mom, not just a DIYer- a whole person who is living and loving her life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's ok if your blog transitions to something else. I love reading about you and your sweet family. I've been terrible at blogging since my son was born and this was 18 months ago. LOL. I'm just starting back up. Can't wait to see what the future holds for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel like we are mirrors in so many ways (except that crafty mess you're all about) because i am feeling at a crossroads with my blog as well. And life is getting in the way of my blogging which is upsetting me.

    Anyhow, I vote transition your blog but please don't quit. I need my Avery fix!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!