Thursday, September 5, 2013

Being in love...count the years!

So yesterday, Matt and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary!  Crazy right?!  I mean I seriously feel like just a couple months ago we were coming home from our honeymoon...then I was preggo for like a couple weeks and now lil A is almost 1 1/2 and I'm preggo again?!  Weird... I know.  But time is seriously flying by.  Of course Matt would argue that he feels like we've been married for 50 years and is bummed we don't have the actually dates to back that up. sigh...men.


1st Anniversary - Just found out lil A was on his way!
2nd Anniversay - Family of 3
Anywho, so I'm feeling pretty darn blessed to have found and married a man whom I can truly call my best friend.  I was recently reminded from a good friend that Matt and I have a unique relationship that we should be eager to share with our kiddos.  For example, we both enjoy camping. DIY projects, movies, traveling, spontaneous dance parties, embarrassing each other in public... (quick story)
So while in Iowa for my cousin's wedding we had to run to the store to pick up some stuff and Matt dropped me and cousin off at the door.  Upon exiting, Matt came driving down one of the aisles in our rented mini-van...hanging out the driver side door waving enthusiastically and screaming, "I'm coming honey!!"  I don't know what was more mortifying...the fact that he was going 10 mph past a line of parked Harley riders...or the fact that people were figuring out we were "together". 
You get the idea though.  I realized this year that I found my true soul mate.  The guy I can be my total self around and vice versa.  He makes me laugh with one look and knows what all my favorite things are.  Sure we disagree and butt heads because deep down we're total opposites, but it's the differences that keep things interesting between us.  He's my best friend.  So glad to be going through our life journey together...and making memories along the way!
3rd Anniversary and barely rockin' a tiny baby bump!
 ...love you Mateo!

14 comments:

  1. Oh this is just so cute. Happy Anniversary!!! Wishing you MANY MANY more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful life...You are truly Blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Our 5 yr anniversary was yesterday! I love that pink dress! Where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle! It's from JCPenney...it's a Bisou Bisou Pleated Maxi dress!

      Delete
  4. You look a very lovely couple, hope your future brings you all you wish for. Ian

    ReplyDelete
  5. I smiled from ear to ear :) love you guys!

    Happy anniversary love birds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. that dress on you is perfection!! LOVE the color and shape!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWWW so incredibly precious! Happy Anniversary! You are ROCKING that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary, this is so sweet. It's been fun to follow along your journey. You are such a fun and beautiful couple and you are building an absolutely beautiful family.

    You are so right about time flying by, seriously, it seems like just yesterday we were getting married and here I am pregnant with our 3rd, what?!?

    PS - your quick story was hilarious :). It's always fun when people try to figure if you are together or the look on their faces when it finally clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary! By the way I am totally in love with your dress and the necklace in the last pic. I wish I could be as fashionable. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary!!! So am a secret reader who is sooo inspired by your lovely family through your blogs. Am planning to get married in Jan and blogs like yours assure me that marriage afterall is not as bad as other people make it look like. Keep blogging! Webale nnyo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bambi, Thanks so much for the comment!! I pray your wedding planning goes smoothly! And yes, marriage can be a true blessing as long as you're willing to put in the work! It's a partnership...a close working one!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!