Monday, September 16, 2013

Child Neglect Already?!

I feel like a horrible mother!
And not towards Avery... but towards "Cranberry".

Wait... I don't think I officially announced the pre-born name of our child!  Ha... yes, many of you probably remember Avery's pre-name as "Cricket".  Well quite recently Matt made the decision to name baby C #2 "Cranberry"!  The announcement to my family went like this:
Me: So this week the baby is the size of an apple! ...oh and by the way we nicknamed the baby "Cranberry"!
Dad: Why not Apple?
Me: I don't know...I guess Matt wanted to go with a "C" theme... Cricket...now Cranberry.
Jenny: I like Crangrape...
Dad: or Cranapple
Me: ..sigh...
 Even though we'll be finding out what we're having this time around...his or her name will remain a secret (from everyone!!...family too!!) 
Anywho...so back to my "horrible mother" reference... So I, and by "I" I mean "We", have not done anything to prepare or celebrate the arrival of Cranberry.  With Avery I was taking weekly ...ok...daily bump pics!   Here I have 16 weeks along and I've got nothin'!  Sad... I know.  It's not like I don't have an idea of what I want to do...just haven't actually implemented it!  I'm hoping that by making this confession public I'll get my "bump" into gear so to speak!

We did decide we would have a reveal party for Cranberry though.  So I'm excited for that!! And of course I'm researching party theme ideas!!  Ah... they are too cute!  Maybe part of my issue is this pregnancy doesn't feel real yet.  I had the appointment whereby I heard the heartbeat, but opted out of that first ultrasound.  So maybe the lack of visual...and the fact that I haven't started to feel the kicks yet is part of it?!

So for you moms out there who did this more than once... is this normal?!  And what did you do to make yourself feel better about the neglect??  Admit it... you did do something. :)  I mean, I bought a new diaper pail and 4 new cloth diapers... and two new pairs of shoes for me!

Sigh...I think I'm going to go take a short nap!

7 comments:

  1. Honestly, I didn't really start doing anything until I found out what I was having. Unlike you, I wanted the ultrasounds but because I was so morning sick, I couldn't focus on anything else. I don't think you're neglecting, I just think that you have so many other things going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude Kathy, this is so normal. You are so not neglecting this babe. The belly shots are optional and like my grandma says the baby only needs a home and food when they come and you've got that covered :). Jbird never had a shower and neither is this baby. The only thing I bought for Jbird was a double stroller and it was for both of them :). He didn't need anything so why bother.

    So excited for a reveal. Can't wait to see what you do.

    By the way we call our baby blueberry or bean and when we told people about the baby he was the size of an avocado and they were like why do you call him blueberry and not avocado or something. I don't cause we like it, I mean do we need a reason?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no expertise behind this, but from the bloggers I see, it is pretty normal. No child neglect, you're fine! I like the nickname cranberry! And can't wait to see what you work up for the baby reveal party!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it has to do with the excitement of having a baby for the first time has worn off and the 2nd, 3rd time around it's probably not AS exciting with the we've been there already??

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and child neglect don't go together.

    I'm so excited to know what you're having! I know your gender reveal party is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh I can't believe I'm reading this post. I'm in the middle of WRITING this post.

    We're so parallel it's amazing.

    I feel awful that my lil one doesn't even have a proper nickname :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhhh, more pregnancies to follow along. i am so happy for you and hubby. just like you sometimes I feel like I am not taking all that time to I dedicated to AOI when I was pregnant with her.

    I don't have a nickname for this little sweet baby in my belly. Hopefully I will find one soon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!