Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Fresh New Comeback!

Hi everyone!  (Waves hand enthusiastically)
I hope you all had a great Labor Day weekend with your families!  I know we enjoyed the day off and for me it was a nice end to my blogging silence.  I can honestly admit that I missed blogland.  It's been a whirlwind of chaos as I picked up another grad class, Lil A learned to climb over the couch and Matt's work hours changed...but we're all adjusting.
I must say, all the responses and e-mails I got from my last post was overwhelming and deeply touching.  I actually didn't know I had that many readers!  It's like you're all secret readers that I forced out of the woodwork... hehe.  Well, despite all that, I really appreciated all your kind words or support and advice.  I'm super excited to be able to say that my blog direction will be changing...
"Omg...this blog is going to be completely irrelevant to my life"

Hey now... give me a chance!   Actually, it's more that I'll be blogging more about family life and a bit less on DIY projects.  It's just a bit harder to do some of the projects we want to do with kiddos running around.  Oh yeah, and on that note:
Our family is growing by two feet! - Arriving March 2014
I know...crazy right?  We totally wanted to have the kids close together, but it just hit us that they'll be 22 months apart!  So for a couple months I'll have two kids under the age of 2!  Yeah...totally thought this through. :) 
So I'm 15 weeks along and the only symptom that's affected my life is the pure exhaustion.  I'd like to say that it's ebbing...but that might be a mirage in my busy-scheduled-life.  There were a couple nights I would be playing in lil A's room and next thing I knew I was waking up on the floor surrounded by toys and stuffed animals!  I have a new found respect for narcoleptic sufferers. 
Anywho...because I know someone will be asking... we are finding out what we're having this time!  So no surprises this time around.  This also opens up a whole new topic for the blog.  I want to dive in deeper into baby/toddler topics and concerns.  They take up such a huge place in my life...might as well chat about it. 

But don't worry (those of you with hammers in hand and jaws hanging open).  I still plan to roll up my sleeves (and Matt's) and get a couple projects done before our new bundle arrives.  In fact, we've already started brain-storming a bedroom remodel for lil A's big boy room! 

So there you have it... I'm rested (for the most part) and ready to get back to the keyboard.  Hope you're ready to follow along! 

18 comments:

  1. OMG OMG OMG!!! Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you and your family. That is GREAT news and an awesome way to come back! Looking forward to following up on your new journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy you already know how happy I am :) I'm thrilled that you're not leaving the blog world and that you're finding out the sex! The first time around was rude to my life! ;)

    Congrats! I'm looking forward to following yet another exciting time in your life. I feel like I've been in your life through all the most important times, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!!!! I am happy foryou and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yayyyy! Congrats! thats so exciting. I'm looking forward to following along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! Such wonderful news to make your "re-entrance" to! Can't wait to find out what you are having!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww congrats!!! And so happy to have you back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
    So happy for you guys. I totally was hoping that was the reason for your absence because I secretly wanted us to be pregnant together again like last time.....Eeeeeek.

    22 months apart is an awesome gap. My first two are 24 months apart and the next two are going to be 18 months. We are on the same life path girl, so excited.

    So loving the new direction the blog is going to take and loving that you are not leaving the blog world and are finding out the sex.

    Ok, I need to stop writing a book. So excited for you guys. Congrats again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh!! You're expecting too?! I'm so behind!! Congrats! Excited to be going through this with a fellow blogger friend!

      Delete
  8. So very excited that you are back and I'm actually one of your readers that is very excited to hear more about your "life stuff" YAY! I'm not a DIY kind of girl although I try sometimes (well very infrequently). LOL. And congrats on the new addition. That is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wooooaaaaaaaah! Congrats Kathy! You're on a roll. :-D How's the MBA going? Mine is going well and hubby and I started thinking about preparing for a family too, because that time is approaching. In the meantime, I'll enjoy learning through snippets of your life on blogland. Hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Classes are going well! Just started a new one this week! It's a full plate for me as usual but trucking through! Excited to hear you're headed towards a new chapter in your life as well!

      Delete
  10. Congrats Kathy, I kinda suspected u were pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! That is the cutest pic. And glad you will not quit blogging. You don't have to BE any type of blogger. Just be yourself and fit it in when you can get it in!!! Which might be even harder to do with those two extra feet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. awww, I can't wait to find out if Lil A will have a brother or sister to look after! and glad to have you blogging again too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Am one of those secret readers & you can't imagine how happy it makes me to know you staying right here writing about the things I love so much. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  14. AHH!! Congrats!!! I think that's the perfect space between babies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. SHUT THE HECK UP!!!!! OMG OMG OMG I'm exactly the same amt behind you again I think!! My new arrival comes March 2014 and Rohan will be 22 months when he or she arrives.

    I'm SO SO SO SORRY I missed this announcement :( I posted my announcement last week and Pegster told me that we three are all preggo together again!

    LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT

    CONGRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTSS!!! *muah* (HUG)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!