Monday, October 28, 2013

Our little Cranberry is a....

...well you gotta read the whole gender reveal recap!  Don't be impatient!!
{Insert evil laugh}


Well we woke up the day of the party to cold winds!  But that wasn't deterring from the mood of the day!  Today we were finding out if lil Cranberry was a momma's boy or daddy's girl!
We spent the whole day getting the house ready for our guests.
We had scheduled to pick up the box of surprise balloons later that afternoon...so before that I wanted the entire house cleaned and food cooking (chili) and decor hung.



The theme was, "What Will Our Lil Pumpkin Be?"...but I didn't want any orange. haha.  So it was all pink and blue!  Upon arrival guests were asked to vote and show their support by wearing a colored clothes pin!  They were also asked to share a name they liked on the name board!


How I ranked based on some Old Wives Tales!
We got some interesting name suggestions! 

From there they could raid the food table!  I didn't get picks of all the food the people brought because by that time we were all mingling and eating of course!  But it was all delish!





Our neighbors stopped by on their way to a Halloween party...Allstate's Mayhem and Progressive's Flo! 


Menu:  We decided to incorporate the Fall season and have chili.  My mom made a beef chili while I made a white bean chicken chili.  With that was a full spread of condiments!

We also had some delicious appetizers such as a veggie pizza! 
The dessert table was my favorite.  We picked up some apple and pumpkin pie and had some other various treats for everyone to enjoy like dark chocolate brownies, cheesecake bars and pumpkin spice cupcakes !  Avery had a field day at that end of the table. 


Even the drinks were themed!
Berry Boy Blue Lemonade and Pretty in Pink Lemonade



My mom was getting impatient for the reveal... haha (Love her...)

Once everyone was done with the first rounds of eats we decided it was time for the main event.  We gathered at the stairs so that everyone had a good view of the box.  I was seriously nervous and shaking in anticipation.  It was such a weird feeling!  Avery helped us as we pulled back the lid and found out we're having a...




A BOY!!!!!!!



 Matt opened the letter from the doctor that said, "Congrats!  Baby Boy" and included a picture of the ultrasound to confirm...trust us...it's a BOY! 
Avery was confused why everyone was as excited over balloons as he was. :)  We continued the festivities with some homemade apple cider and went outside to light some Chinese sky lanterns.









It was a magical end to the night...and a jubilant start to a new chapter.  Thank you to our family and friends who made the effort to celebrate this time with us!  It was so fun to share in the surprise! 
And thank you for all your votes!!  Looks like we were a lil off!
Now we're setting gears for nursery  / toddler room rehaul!





Oh the boy things he'll be teachin'...

21 comments:

  1. i felt like i was there Kathy! i'm so, so happy for all of you! i love the way Matt pumped his hands up when he saw it was a boy! ahh, congrats Kathy! i cannot wait for Baby Cranberry's arrival!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faith...and yes, Matt was VERY relieved the balloons were blue! He kept saying he saw his future behind bars if he were going to have a girl. lol...talk about stressing over being a protective father! We really had a great time!!

      Delete
  2. Aww congrats. The expression on your moms face - Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha... yeah, I get my impatience from her! :)

      Delete
  3. This was an awesome reveal. It's great that Avery will have a brother that he can teach all the tricks to :). Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, I can already envision the trouble they'll get themselves into! :)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your baby boy!!! Robbie works for a boy or girl...just saying :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. Everything turned out great! Congratulations on another boy. He'll surely be a blessed addition to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must admit I scrolled to the end to see what baby cranberry is. I am so impatient;) Now I am going to scroll back up to the top to read all about the grand reveal! Congrats mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I did the same thing, but I scrolled back up and looked at the party before I commented. I'm too impatient to wait! :)

      Delete
  7. I waited until the end, it felt like I was there with you guys!!! What an awesome party!!! CONGRATS on another little prince! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy, wow, you are amazing. Your ability to just be creative and make ordinary things just look awesome amazes me. Please teach me. This was awesome, you make me want to do a gender reveal now for our last baby.

    I agree with Faith, I felt like I was there celebrating with you guys. I love all the family picture and how happy you all are. I know it doesn't matter but I am glad that you went the gender reveal way this time, it was AWESOME.

    Congratulations on another healthy baby boy. How exciting, I am sure he and Avery will be the best of friends. Welcome to the boy-mom club, it's pretty exclusive :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peg! I'm extremely excited to join the boy-mom club! Now I'm just praying for a continued healthy pregnancy and a baby boy as "go-with-the-flow" as Avery has been. :)

      Delete
  9. That is one of the best lookin' gender reveal parties I've ever seen! How fun. Congrats on your house full of boys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm very excited for the new...challenge! :)

      Delete
  10. Oh my goodness, Avery's going to have a lil mini him to play with and a best friend for the rest of his life. I know it's the hormones but I'm legit crying right now. They're going to love each other so very much and just be so close!

    The party looked beautiful and fun. I thought it was a girl, but honestly I was just projecting because I want a girl. lmao. I can't wait to see lil man #2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hormones is right! I woke up at 3am that night crying because it all of a sudden hit me! :) I'm so excited to have two boys so close in age. They'll be inseparable... I hope! Can't wait to find out what you're having!!

      Delete
  11. Congratulations! I am one who guessed wrong of course :) Great party, very creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm WEEKS late but congrats on your little boy!!!! Baby A will be in heaven with a little brother. I love your party theme and your never ending creativity. The boys are blessed to have you as their momma, and your husband blessed to have you as his wife :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!