Monday, November 4, 2013

Green Smoothie Love...


...Yes, I'm still eating healthy for the most part!  (The hot buttery cheesesteak I had last night doesn't count of course!)
I've been meaning to share one of my favorite green smoothie recipes with you all.  I actually found it online under a diabetic blog and I modified it a lil bit.  It's actually geared to help lower blood sugar levels and keep them stable.  It worked for me and on top of it...it tastes great...and is packed full of nutrients!

Blender- I use the Nutribullet.  The large cup (24 oz) is big enough for two sized smoothies for me.  I usually drink one on the way to work and finish the rest after work before dinner.



So the recipe.. for 24 oz....
  • 1 cups Kale or Spinach
  • 1/2 cucumber
  • 1/2 stalk of celery
  • 3 baby carrots
  • 1 cups frozen fruit chunks (peaches,mango,pineapple, strawberries, blueberries) 
  • 1/2 frozen banana, peeled
  • 1/2 small avocado
  • 1/2 lemon, peeled
  • 8 ounces water
Simply toss all the ingredients into the blender and mix on high until the Kale is pureed.
I then add 1 Tbsp of  Raw Chai Seeds and some ice cubes and blend for a couple more seconds.
  Pour off and enjoy!
The greatest part of these smoothies is the fact that Avery loves them too. Most of the time when he hears the blender going he comes running over and begging for a glass.  I feel great knowing he's getting a boost in fruits and veggies. :)
Getting upset because it's finished!

5 comments:

  1. That is so good that you are sticking with healthy eating. I also do a smoothie every morning but haven't done the one you listed above. i'll have to try it. My daughter likes my smoothie too but i put whey protein powder in mine so I only let her have a sip here or there. Perhaps I'll try some chai seed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roey LOVES his green smoothies too. A looks so serious drinking his LOL TOO CUTE. I didn't realize he was upset. He looked FOCUSED.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has just started making that "slurped" noise and he was focused on getting the last drop...and frustrated that it was the end!

      Delete
  3. I still need to get in board the green smoothie! I love that he likes them like that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!