Thursday, January 30, 2014

Embracing Motherhood...again

So there I was this morning sitting in my doctor's office waiting for her to come perform my exam.  We're at the weekly visits already...it's crunch time.  As I sat there reading the medical posters for the umpteenth time... I heard a mother next door cooing with her little one and heard that hysterical baby laugh in response.  It's not like the toddler laugh I get from lil A everyday.  It was that new...from the gut infant laugh that I totally forgot about.  It literally made catch my breath in realization.  Time flies by when you have kids and there are moments you try to hold on to, but forget.  It's human nature I guess.
As I was reminiscing I rubbed my belly affectionately and got a lung-collapsing kick back...oh the love my lil boy loves to share with me...
It was then that I realized just how soon our face-to-face meeting was going to be.  It literally took my breath away.  Here I am in this ridiculously uncomfortable hospital sheet (because calling it a gown is beyond ridiculous) 36 weeks along and realizing...crap... we're not ready.  It actually started to annoy me that my body was gearing up for labor and I hadn't physically done as much as I had when prepping for lil A's arrival.  Maybe that was why I was being more physically abused internally this time around...like...he knows!
I didn't keep up with my weekly belly shots and statuses...I haven't yet purchased the fabric for the new bed set and curtains, I haven't even bought newborn diapers yet!  I am proud to say we managed to clean all the newborn clothes up to 9 months and have them folded and put away.  Lil A helped... I guess.


So this weekend Matt agreed that we needed to get it all done.  Apparently his nesting has finally kicked in lol.  We'll be making lil A's twin bed thanks to plans for Ana White.  Luckily the weather is going to be in the high 30's!  (It's like a heat wave from this -5 we've been averaging!).  Meanwhile I'll be making a trip to the fabric store, packing our hospital bag and starting on painting the room.  It's going to be a very busy day...but at the end I'll feel better.  Meanwhile, I need to come up with a special way to capture the memory of this pregnancy.  Lil A have the weekly bump pics... maybe this guy will get a hospital photo shoot. I found this pic on Pinterest and just melted...

I'll need to convince Matt on that one.  But our new lil guy needs something special.  I know he's a boy and will probably never care to look back at such things, but I need it.  Any of you have any ideas for me?  Meanwhile I'm going to go rack up another bill of online items that are on my excel spreadsheet: diapers, bottle nipples, new cloth wipes warmer, swaddle blanket... you know how I love lists!
I am proud to say that we have our double stroller (thanks to my amazing lil sis..Jen!)
Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double - Carbon
...and my dream jumbo diaper bag.  I went all female love on this one.  At least it's silvery blue! ha. Matt actually said he didn't care how feminine it was...he barely took it out of the car when it's just him and lil A anyhow. Score!
Skip Hop Studio Diaper Tote - Pewter Dots
Pray for me though.  The level of discomfort this time around is beyond words.  I don't know if it's the extremely cold weather or the fact that it's not my first (and I'm blissfully unaware to the aches and pains) but I just feel like crap. Allow me to vent my ailments right quick: Daily heartburn flashes when I bend over, hip pain, exhaustion, loss of breath as I try to climb the stairs, hot flashes, and the constant feeling of "fullness".  Yup... it's very exciting!  I just hope I can keep up with the packed schedule on Saturday! :o
...don't bother telling me to take it easy.  I'm a DIY mommy on a mission. :)  But I will take breaks and spend time with lil A...maybe get sticker tattoos on the belly again...maybe.

...till next time.

2 comments:

  1. WOW, so close!!! I am already in prep mode and we don't even know how many we have coming! Eeek! Lil A is getting so big! Can't wait to see the photos of the new little man! Awww, YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there mama, the last month is always the hardest but hopefully it will go by so quickly you won't even know what happened ;).

    I am getting clothes and things sorted next weekend. It's getting so close

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!