Thursday, January 9, 2014

Nautical Themed Toddler Room

So it's on!!  The nursery is being rehauled!
Now that we know we're having another boy we made the decision that they will be sharing a bedroom.  So we decided to go with a new theme!

Nautical!!

Here are some inspiration shots that I found.  Each as an element we want to incorporate...so you'll have to wait and see what we decided in the end!









Source


From all that I've managed to create our inspiration board!!  We'll be painting shortly.  Avery will have to vacate his room for a few days while we do the rehaul, but in the meantime he'll also be converting to a big boy bed! (twin size!) As soon as Matt builds it... :)
We also have some fun features we'd like to incorporate...hopefully we finish in time!

It's weird to think that Avery's Nursery is changing...but we're also excited for him to be sharing his space with his new brother!  Here's to many new memories!

8 comments:

  1. All looks great! Can't wait to see the end results!

    By the way, welcome back to blogging. I have missed your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome! I would have never though of this design approach. Can't wait to see your spin on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the theme. I love all the items you've picked. I can't wait to see the end resutl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the theme! I cannot wait to see what you come up with. I know it is going to be magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute theme. Can't wait to see how you rock it. I've gotta figure out how to smush a boy and a girl into one small room...help!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dani,
      Check this site out!
      http://www.chiccheapnursery.com/

      Delete
  6. What a great theme, love love love. We just put both our boys in the same room did a car bed/thomas the train theme. I hope they sleep in there together soon :).

    You are brave for putting the baby and Avery together so soon. Please share how that works, I have not been successful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha...yeah, it'll definitely be a challenge. But I figure the sooner the better. My sister and I shared a room from the get-go...so I know it's doable. We'll keep the baby with us in our room for at least 2 weeks. But I don't want lil A to digress with his sleeping because we're all in one room and he's alone in his.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!