Friday, October 10, 2014

Thank God It's Friday!

Dear God, 

Friday couldn't have come fast enough!  It's amazing just how much has happened in the past week! For starters... I'm back to blogging. ;)  Slow start, yes, but it's a matter of fitting it into my schedule right?  I'm thinking evenings will be working best.  Mainly for the fact that it's the only time I have to myself.  But thank you for the chance to be able to do this.  I enjoy it! 

Thank you for my husband!  He's such a sweetie.  Even when we're super stressed out and don't take time to reconnect... he makes up for it in the sweetest... unique ways. 


 Speaking of his amazingness (I use this word all the time)... ever been told to pack a bag for a long weekend and not know the specifics of where you're going or what you're going to be doing?  No?... well I'll let you know when we get  back for my surprise weekend getaway.  Babies get to spend the weekend with their grandparents and Matt and I will have some R&R somewhere... don't worry. Will catch you all up soon!  Will be taking the good camera too...!

Thank you for my babies!  Gah, I love these lil dudes!  Even late at night when I basically fall face down on my bed from pure exhaustion I'm so grateful to You for trusting me to take care of them.  They are so fun... and life changingly (that's a word!) amazing!  Last night lil A didn't want to go to bed because he was hungry.  It was 10 pm and I was getting lunches ready for the next day so he saw the cucumber out and asked for that... with dip (aka ranch dressing).  I sliced about 3 inches worth and he inhaled it.  Then he asked for a quesadilla (meat and cheese)...so I cut him 1/4 of a whole and he ate that.  Asked for more...so I gave him a 1/2 of a whole... he gasped and said, "whoa that's a big one".  Then ate it all.  Downed it all with a glass of water, wiped the table and walked off telling me to wipe down his messy chair.  Yup... that's my life with a boy toddler!

Lil A though... what a chill dude.  He found the magazines under the coffee table and went to town.  Then he fell asleep.  Woke up and ate...then fell asleep again, for the night. 


 All this talk on sleep reminds me that I have a project to post on soon!  So we're revamping the master bedroom!  So excited!  Matt was actually the one who pushed for this and inspired a lot of my design ideas.  I can't wait for the final reveal. 
Thank you for the time and energy You gave us to be able to get the majority of the work done on one Saturday.  It was definitely a long day... but we are in love with the final design!   My sister is graciously delivering the last of the elements from Ikea this weekend!  Then...you'll all be in the loop!  Enjoy the sneak peek!
Well Lord, it's been a busy one...but definitely full of blessings!  Glad to be able to sit back now and gear up for a weekend of adventures and surprises... 
Praying you all have memorable weekends as well! 

Love, 
your daughter...Kathy

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad I stumbled across your blog today. I love how your post was a letter addressed to God. That was pretty cool. I have to say that your sons are such adorable little guys and I can't wait to see how you redo your bedroom... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're back to blogging! Your two little boys...I mean, really?!? They are ao cute! Gabrielle needs a cute little boyfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're back :)

    Matt ... seriously, how awesome is he!? Can't wait to hear all about it.

    That text made me laugh out loud!
    And your boys, how do you handle their cuteness?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy this is back, I have totally missed this while you were gone :). Welcome back to blogging

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!