Tuesday, October 7, 2014

#TheComeback

Hey... if Lebron can do it... why can't I.

Hello again...
In  the last week I've had a handful of my faithful readers reach out to me asking "Where are you?", "Are you coming back?" and "Get to blogging girl!".  Honestly, the outpouring couldn't  have come at a better time.  I was starting to wonder myself if my words would ever make an appearance on this blog again.  I just didn't know how to approach it any more.  Saying life had gotten hectic was just an excuse.  I really did miss this world.  In a way, it's always been my outlet...my secret (yet totally public) world where I could be whomever I wanted (though I'm usually brutally honest with my true self).
In all honesty, (See, there I go again being all honest like) I needed this blog.  More so than I realized. So... in a sense, I'm back.  I'm going to make it one of my priorities to keep up with this hobby...because it brings me the most joy.  I have so much to catch you all up on.

The Boys:
Both boys are doing fantastic.  "A" is now 2 1/2 years old.  He's smart, witty, a jokester, athletic and a pure terror in the essence of toddlerhood.  He makes me laugh while I pull full clumps of hair from my head.  Every night I thank God for making him so freaking cute... because otherwise...(sigh)
Lil "R" is getting big.  He's now 7 1/2 months old.  He's rocking the two bottom teeth and seriously adores his big brother.  Like adores.  As in if "A" breathes in his direction...he laughes hysterically and his lil arms start flapping enthusiastically... it's a ridiculous.  He'll be crawling here before we know it and I know after that mobility milestone...the dynamic duo will be a force of nature. :)  Lord... help me.
Don't even ask about the hair...we're trying to figure out how it defies gravity.
My Man:
Oh Matt... my rock.  He's doing well.  Work has been a busy season for him so he hasn't had as much time or energy to do some of the projects I have on a list for him.  But he's still around. :)
Lately he's picked up the hobby or hiking / rock climbing.  So we've all been embracing the new form of family exercise.  Did I mention he turned 31 not too long ago?...yeah, we're getting old over here. :)

My Home...The Crib... Our Pad: 
You know me...I always need a project going on to justify my existence.  When I last left we had just completed the closet renovation into a mudroom space.  Since then we've begun demo on the basement, designs of an outdoor patio, master bedroom redo and master bath renovation.   It's been... busy. But you know that's how I like it.
My Heart:
Wouldn't feel right to divulge all the outward aspects of my life without sharing the changes that are happening on a more personal / spiritual level.  I've never shied away from sharing my faith so don't expect that to change. :)  Well as of late Matt and I had to make a difficult decision involving finding a new church.  The reasons weren't anything crazy except that we needed a place that "fit" us as a family.  The church we were attending was the one I grew up in.  Literally I had spent over 20 years there.  We had gotten married there.  "A" was dedicated there.  But something...or rather...Someone was leading us elsewhere.  It was like we were getting comfortable in our faith and merely just going about the motions every Sunday morning without really absorbing what was being taught.  We prayed for weeks about it...and I spent a lot of time crying over it.  But in the end I needed to step out of my comfort zone and trust the plan God had for us.  After a few weeks of visiting we were invited to a local church that friends of ours were attending.  To be honest, I wasn't expecting to like it.  I was still being stubborn in the sense that we would go back to "what I knew".  But oh-does-God work in mysterious ways. :)  Little did I know that he was leading us to a new church home.  We've been attending for only about 2 months, but already we've been able to plug ourselves into a Lifegroup (weekly bible study branch-out meeting).  And the part that has really touched me is that Matt has really come out of his shell and taken the initiative to lead our family spiritually.  It's a whole new chapter for us.  I couldn't be prouder of him... and thankful to God for teaching me to let go and trust Him.  Easier said than done...

So I'm back.  For reals this time.  I hope you're still all out there to join me on the journey...

...documenting life's many blessings!

- Kathy

10 comments:

  1. Yay! Welcome back! So happy to read the awesome things going on in your lives.
    Looking forward to future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooooooo happy to have you back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you could see me now ... I'm basically cheering in my seat!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that things in your world are just moving along as nicely as ever! Welcome back to the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is always scary to step out of our comfort zone in faith. However, it is usually for our own good. I am going through something similar at the moment. Last time he called me out of my comfort zone, about 5 years ago. That one obedient response took my faith to a whole new level and I grew spiritually . I absolutely love my comfort zone. Who wouldn't. I have learned and I am still learning to go where he leads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on being back. Yay! Several times per week I check your blog to see if you posted anything new and was sad when you didn't. Now I'm turning my frown upside down...lol :). Very happy for you that things are going although challenging (I know all about that). Glad you found a new church that will help with the spiritual growth of your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY, welcome back. We missed you around these parts. Glad to hear all is well in the Conway family. Looking forward to more posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, glad you back! Really enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to have you back,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!