Friday, June 17, 2016

And just like that...

So I have some great news to share... we sold our house!

We just had our inspections done this week and we're pretty confident all will go well.  If not, I'll be back on here whining about how angry I am!   Anywho, so that's it.  Our 1st home is gone.  Now, if you all don't mind I'm going to get pretty real on how I'm feeling...

I'm feeling pretty sad.  This house has a lot of memories in it that I'm afraid to let go of.  I know I'll keep the memories within, but we had a lot of firsts in that home and a lot of blood, sweat and tears went into it.  I know we'll be able to go and find a new house and create even more memories.  But there are days I walk into a room and just start crying.  I'm hoping it's normal to mourn like this. 

I'm also terrified.  We need to find a new house in the next couple weeks and every day Matt is reminding me how there aren't any new houses on the market that have what we're looking for. I'm normally laid back...trust God to provide type of girl.  Lately I've been becoming antsy, impatient and worrisome.  It's taking a toll on me.  I know deep down God has that perfect place in mind for us like he did with our 1st...but I need to get my heart back on track.  Who cares what the market is doing right now.  Houses are coming on...slowly, but they're coming on. 

Lastly... I'm getting frustrated.  I feel like the focus of what we were looking for in the forever home keeps changing.  And we all know how I feel about change. I'm a planner.  I need things lined up and organized and this whole house shopping isn't going along with my vision for life!  Each day we don't find the perfect house we keep compromising what we're willing to live without...and it's changing what we first set out for.
I don't know.  I think I need to just ask for you all to pray that I keep it together...and that we find our house and I regain my sense of security again.  Oh, and remind me never to do this again. lol... ya know... move. 

- Kathy

4 comments:

  1. Trust and what is meant for you will come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on selling the house. All will work out. Will pray that peace of mind is yours. I know that you'll be making a post soon about finding the one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! for selling the house. And no worries for new home, God's got this! Will remember to pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY, congrats on selling your house. Good luck on finding that dream house in time for an easy transition

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. Even if you are not a blogspot member you can still leave a message...all are welcome and greatly appreciated!